I. Sr. Mariam Clara of Jesus (1843-1918)
Mariam was born of Mr. Mani and Mariam Pulickal, Pantathala in the parish of Pala. She joined the Franciscan Third Order in Pala and led a fervent life growing in love for God and neighbour. Pulickal Mariam received the religious habit of the new Clarist Congregation from Bishop Lavigne at Edackkatt Church, Kottayam on 14th December 1888. As prefect of the community at Kannadiyurumbu in Pala and as Superior of the Clarist Congregation she rendered great services to the Congregation. Her impressive personality and solid spirituality made her life more fruitful. It was she who took the leading hand in submitting an application to the Bishop about starting the Clarist Congregation. She died on 12th September, 1918. Her mortal remains rests in the Cemetery Chapel in St. Mary's Cathedral, Changanassery.
II. Sr. Coletta of Jesus (1863-1930)
Sr. Coletta of Jesus was the second of the Founding Mothers. She was born of Mr. Ouseph and Mariam Pazhayakottarathil of Pala Parish. She joined the Franciscan Third Order and started community life at Kannadiyurumbu since 1875. Attracted by the life and ideals of St. Francis she joined the Clarist Congregation and received the religious habit along with seven other ladies at the age of 25 on 14 December 1888. Her life was a beacon to others. She was very efficient and responsible and showed great regard for others and was a very loving person. It was her deep prayer life that enabled her to acquire the noble virtues of compassion and tenderness especially to the poor orphans. In the year 1900 she took the initiative to start a new convent at Kayalpuram in the Parish of Pulincunnu. She died on 24th June, 1930. Her body was laid to rest in Cemetery Chapel in St. Mary's Cathedral, Changanassery.
III. Sr. Agnes of Jesus (1859-1913)
Thresia was born on 12th March 1859to Mr. Ulahannan and Mrs. Mariam Plathottathil, Bharananganam. Joining the Franciscan Third Order, Thresia wished to lead a religious life along with the pious ladies who were living at Kannadiyurumbu. She received the religious habit of the Congregation along with others from Bishop Lavigne at Edackkatt Church on 14th December 1888. It was Sr. Agnes who went along with Sr. Coletta from Changanassery to start a new convent at Kayalpuram. Sr. Agnes had also served as novice mistress in Changanassery. By her hard work and self sacrifice she tried to bring up the first community. She died on 29th June 1913. The mortal remains of Sr. Agnes were laid to rest in Cemetery Chapel in St. Mary's Cathedral, Changanassery.
IV. Sr. Mariam Thresia of Jesus (1868-1932)
Sr. Mariam Thresia was born of Mr. Kurian and Anna Nadakkavayalil, Poovarany of Pala Parish. She joined the Franciscan Third Order and led a holy life earnestly, observing its Rules and Regulations along with the other pious ladies. She received her religious habit from Bishop Lavigne on 14th December 1888. Sr. Mariam Thresia did meritorious service as the Superior of the convent at Bharananganam and at Kannadiyurumpu. Prayer, hard work, compassion and love for the poor were special traits of Sr. Mariam Thresia. She breathed her last on 22nd November 1932. Her body was laid to rest in Cemetery Chapel in St. Mary's Cathedral, Changanassery.
V. Sr. Mariam Magdalena(1869-1948)
The youngest among the Founding Mothers was Aley, Daughter of Joseph and Mary Mundavayalil of Kothanalloor Parish. Living with the other pious ladies at Kannadiyurumbu she led a very exemplary life as member of the Third Order. She had great affinity towards religious life. She received her religious habit from Bishop Lavigne at Edackkatt Church on 14th December 1888 at the age of 19. In looking after the poor and the orphans, she was a model for others. Considering them as her own children given by God, she treated them with motherly care and affection. She was happy to go begging for them. As she was hard working by nature she was interested in agricultural activities. She was called for her eternal reward on 22nd January 1948. Her mortal remains were buried in the cemetery at Metropolitan Church, Changanassery.
VI. Sr. Margareetha of Jesus (1868-1951)
Sr. Margareetha was the daughter of Mr. Mathai and Mrs. Mariam ThykkoottathilKuttamackal of Pala Parish. She was attracted towards the pious ladies who lived together at Kannadiyurumbu. She was also a member of the Franciscan Third Order and wanted to lead a zealous spiritual life. She was only 20yrs when she joined the Clarist Congregation. She lived for about 64 years in the Congregation and did a lot of service to the people. She was the guiding star to start a Convent at Kannadiyurumbu, Pala. Also she helped in founding the convent at Paingotore in the Diocese of Ernakulam. She was Superior in fifteen convents. She used to say 7 times the Way of the Cross daily. Her deep faith, zeal, devotion and love were remarkable. She died on 2nd Aug., 1951 and as buried in the Cemetery Chapel, St. Mary's Cathedral, Changanassery.
VII. Sr. Mariam of Jesus (1868-1943)
Mariam was born of Mr. Mathai and Mrs. ThresiaParangattu, Punnathura parish. She had joined the Franciscan Third Order and started living with the other pious ladies at Kannadiyurumbu. Anna received the religious habit along with the others from Bishop Lavigne on 14th December 1888 at Edackkatt Church. As a junior sister she got some skin disease and was sent home for treatment. After prolonged treatment she became well and came back. She continued her service in the orphanage at Changanassery as a lay sister. Mariams very presence diffused joy and happiness among the members of her community because of her joyful nature, deep humility, spirit of prayer and serving mentality. She died on 28th October, 1943. She was buried in religious habit in the Cemetery Chapel, St. Mary's Cathedral, Changanassery.
VIII. Sr. Anna of Jesus
Anna was born of Mr. Thomas and Mrs. Mariam Plathottathil of Pala parish. She was named Mariam in baptism. As a widow she joined the Franciscan Third Order and lived along with the other ladies at Kannadiyurumbu. With great desire to become a religious, she received the religious habit at the age of 50 from Bishop Lavigne at Edackkatt Church on 14th December 1888. She found it hard to lead a regular religious life. The Bishop allowed her to leave.